So long, 2012!
Hey everyone, it’s time for Jon’s end-of-the-year wrapup! Here’s a list of 7 great things that happened/ I did this year:)
1) Recorded a CD with my band – The 3 Skins made a CD and played lots of shows to promote it. I may have become a better drummer, too…
2) Did Hanami in Tokyo with my best friend from America – we went to Ueno and Yoyogi parks and saw cherry blossoms in style.
3) Didn’t injure myself in any crippling way – this is a big one…with all the snowboarding, biking and climbing I enjoy, I tend to fall a lot.
4) Spent 2 weeks with my parents in Japan – another biggie! After 6 years my parents finally visited and we toured around Kyoto/ Nara/ Osaka, as well as Hokkaido in August.
5) Acted(?) in a movie – Look for me in 探偵はバーにいる２．I’m in a pivotal scene for at least 5 seconds…hoping this is my big break;)
6) Spent another happy, healthy and prosperous year in Japan! It’s always good to be able to reflect on the year and say “Dang, that was a good year.”
7) Sri Lanka! – Actually, I’m not leaving until next week, but I’m pretty excited. Can’t think of a better way to cap off such a great year.
And that’s it. Here’s hoping that all of us finish the year smiling and begin 2013 with a positive start. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!